Live and interactive exhibition using drone technology to visualise data from around the world – and from around the room. As our drones rise and fall in response to changing information, they lift coloured material to create a large-scale landscape of data.
- Thursday 15 September: 12.30pm – 1.30pm
- Thursday 15 September 4.30 – 5.30pm
- Friday 16 September 12.30pm – 1.30pm
- Friday 16 September 4.30 – 5.30pm
- Saturday 17 September 12.30pm – 1.30pm
- Tuesday 20 September 12.30pm – 1.30pm
- Tuesday 20 September 4.30 – 5.30pm
- Wednesday 21 September 12.30pm – 1.30pm
- Wednesday 21 September 4.30 – 5.30pm
- Thursday 22 September 12.30pm – 1.30pm
- Thursday 22 September 4.30 – 5.30pm
- Friday 23 September 12.30pm – 1.30pm
- Friday 23 September 4.30 – 5.30pm
- Saturday 24 September 12.30pm – 1.30pm
Gallery opening times:
- Tuesday to Friday 11.00am – 5.30pm
- Saturday 11.00am – 1.30pm
Public viewing is from the upstairs balcony space. When the drones are not flying you can still enter the upstairs gallery to see the operators working with and preparing the drones.
Sheffield Robotics has one of the largest portfolios of ongoing publicly-funded robotics research in the UK, supported by both the UK Research Councils and the European Union. They are also building research partnerships with leading industrial, commercial, and government organisations in order to ensure the real-world relevance and impact of our research. As a member of the Northern Robotics Network, and of the EPSRC UK-RAS Network, Sheffield Robotics acts as a central hub for robotics research within the UK. Through international links, they seek to play a leading role in the world robotics community, and to promote the development of ethical, useful, safe, and sustainable robotic and autonomous systems that can enhance human prosperity across the globe.
Researchers in the Art and Design Research Centre are involved in the development of new methods and techniques for research and their application in the generation of products, designs and works of art that change our understanding or create new knowledge that adds to social, cultural and economic wellbeing.