What if you could see the past, present and future of our city all at the same time?
Experience Sheffield Castle through an augmented reality model, learn about recent archaeological research and see visions of the future from University of Sheffield students.
Thursday 20 – Thursday 27 September
- Monday – Saturday: 10am – 5pm
- Wednesday: 10am – 8pm
- Sunday: 11am – 4pm
See also: Experience Castlegate – talk
Watch a projection of the augmented reality experience:
Experience Castlegate brings together academics from Archaeology, Architecture and Computer Science, with city partners Human Studio, to develop the first full 3D digital model of Sheffield Castle.
- John Moreland, Professor of Medieval Archaeology, University of Sheffield
- Carolyn Butterworth, Senior University Teacher, School of Architecture, University of Sheffield
- Steve Maddock, Senior Lecturer in Computer Science, University of Sheffield
- Ralph Mackinder, Kacper Pach, Tom Moore, Matthew Leach, James Harvey, Dawn Hadley, Gareth Dean
- HumanVR create digital experiences that explore new paths of communication and creative expression – Nick Bax, Dan Fleetwood, Michaela Mckone
With special thanks for their support from the: