A dream tourist information kiosk for Sheffield.
For the duration of the festival, our magical, romantic, creative city gets the kind of tourist information kiosk we know it deserves.
From the kiosk, our guides will take visitors (and residents) to the best bits of the city: up to the most beautiful views, into the forests, down to the real-ale breweries. We’ll present the best products: the books, the art, the records that are Made in Sheffield. And we’ll showcase the talented creatives working in this city today.
The project is a collaboration between the Sheffield Publicity Department and the University’s School of Architecture. The kiosk is designed and built by students from the school, using materials salvaged from the city itself.
Update: due to the rain, the Arrivals Zone will be closed on Monday 24 September. However, the Arbourthorne Viewpoint Tour will still go ahead, departing at 11am.
Check The Arrivals Zone website for more information before you set off.
- Thursday 20 September, 2pm: Skye Edge Viewpoint Tour
- Friday 21 September, 6.30pm: Sheffield Friday Night Ride – This is Gleadless!
- Saturday 22 September, 11am and 2pm: Tree Rubbing Workshops
- Sunday 23 September, 2pm: A Poetry Navigation
- Monday 24 September, 11am: Arbourthorne Viewpoint Tour
- Tuesday 25 September, 11am: Arts Towers and Architects
- Wednesday 26 September, 11am (not 10.30am as previously advertised): Shalesmoor Tour
- Thursday 27 September, 11am and 2pm: Abundance Fruit Day
- Friday 28 September, 2pm: Pye Bank Viewpoint Tour
- Saturday 29 September, 11am A Trip to Ecclesall Woods
- Sunday 30 September, 11am: Blue Loop River Ride